Fabrics maketh the tailoring. Ok, so that’s not actually a saying but if your beautifully cut sports jacket isn’t made from a high-quality fabric, the whole point is lost. We believe in stunning, high-quality fabrics which are both timeless and planet-friendly.
Here Are Our Top 5 For This Season:
- Houndstooth: This classic pattern is making a resurgence in both large and small print designs. Incorporating it in bold colours or using it in unexpected garments, like casual wear, is on-trend.
- Deep, Soft Red-Pink: This colour trend brings warmth and sophistication to the fabric world. It’s being used in everything from evening wear to casual attire, adding a touch of romance and elegance to outfits.
- Eco-Friendly Fabrics: More and more designers are leaning towards sustainable and eco-friendly fabrics like organic cotton, bamboo, and hemp. These fabrics not only promote environmental wellness but also offer unique textures and finishes. At Alexandra Wood we are massive advocates of pure, natural fabrics that allow your skin to breathe, ultimately helping you to feel good about yourself and the planet.
- Natural cotton: With the abundant array of colours available this year, there are so many chino and jean styles to choose from other than your classic beige and navy. Choose from teal to stone to create a really interesting dynamic look to your wardrobe. Plus, it’s always less scary to be more adventurous downstairs rather than up.
- Mixed Texture Fabrics: Jersey stretch fabrics make for the perfect laid back yet flatteringly stylish unconstructed jackets that look great with jeans and chinos. Combining different textures within a single garment is a fresh trend. This could be seen in garments that use smooth silk with rougher textures like wool, creating a visual and tactile interest.
Remember, trends can vary greatly and it’s always best to choose styles that not only last but that are timeless and can be worn in multiple ways.
Read More About Trends And Tailoring
- Bespoke Tailoring And The Art Of Stealth Wealth: Dressing Rich Without Flashing Labels
- The Art Of Wardrobe Curation: Why Women Excel In Styling Men
- 9 Signs Your Tailoring Is The Perfect Fit, According To Alexandra Wood
For More Tips Listen To Our New Podcast Here