Overcoats keep you warm through the harsh winter, look slick over a suit and are easily wearable on the weekend to boot. It may be August, but it’s never too early to think about having a made to measure or bespoke version of one of these beauties made, so here’s a Savile Row tailor’s quick guide to finding and wearing best style of overcoat for you.
We advise most men to choose a mid-length coat as it is more flattering and balances out most physiques better.
- Always have your overcoat fitted or optimum flattery. One of our pet hates is seeing fabric unnecessarily flap around. So, consider a body coat which is a much closer fit with a fitted sleeve.
- Keep your look simple which will help your look stay timeless and choose a classic colour such as a camel or a navy and add a twist by choosing one with texture or added quirks to make it truly yours.
- For a casual look, choose a style with buttons that you can see over a fly from where the buttons are concealed. For some added style, you can choose a contrasting top or under collar, if you like to keep your stylish flair underwraps...
- Choose a roomier overcoat if you're wanting to wear layers (i.e.: Chunky knits) Add a contrasting textured or multi coloured scarf to add style and personality to your look.
- When choosing a fabric for your coat decide whether you wish for practicality (i.e a durable, heavier cloth) or a coat you'll wear less and therefore are happy to opt for a more luxurious fabric that will need more care.
- When trying on your new overcoat, do wear the clothes you intend to be wearing with it to make sure it'll be comfortable if you're wearing a suit underneath for example.
There are a few options to choose from, so it depends on where and when you’ll be wearing them (business, weekend, outdoors, commuting), and what you’ll be wearing them with.
These are lighter than classic overcoats, look trendy over work suits or with jeans or trousers on the weekend.
- It is showerproof and will therefore keep you dry from drizzle.
- It's both classic and fashionable, meaning your style will always be timeless.
- This style is particularly slimming if you wish to avoid a bulky Winter look.
These are a winter classic. They’re usually seen with concealed buttons and a velvet contrast collar at the top.
- A classic style that will last you for decades
- Comes in a wide range of fabrics and colours for versatility and a bit of fun
- This style works well with a variety of outfits
TOP TIP Give all of these designs a twist with a striking contrast colour under the collar for when it gets really cold and you can use the chance to show it off!
MADE TO MEASURE OVERCOATS
Made to measure overcoats are a wardrobe staple – invest once and you probably won’t ever need to upgrade (unless you want a new colour). With classic styling, quality fabric and a perfect fit, you’ll be sure to get years of wear and warmth from it.
Interested in Buying High-Quality Bespoke Coats in the UK?
Are you looking to purchase bespoke coats in the UK of exceptional quality? If this is the case, then Alexandra Wood is the ideal destination for your fashion needs. Alexandra Wood is a highly reputable bespoke tailor that specially designs, tailors and styles for the modern man. Whether it is an effortlessly smart-casual look, bespoke wedding suit or business suit you’re looking for, Alexandra Wood can help you achieve your dream look.
Established in 2006, Alexandra Wood has many years of experience in bespoke tailoring, working with a number of high-profile clients. Every look that Alexandra Wood delivers is fresh, original, sharp and current, setting you up confidently for success.
To learn more about how Alexandra Wood can style and source bespoke coats in the UK, please visit our website today. You can also get in touch today to book a personal appointment in both Savile Row, and Bishop’s Stortford.
Welcome to Alexandra Wood
Alexandra Wood is a tailor, designer and stylist with several years of experience in bespoke tailoring. Working with a multitude of men, refreshing their image, boosting their confidence and revamping their wardrobe, Alexandra Wood’s style work has featured in a number of publications such as GQ, Esquire, Forbes and Tatler.
At the core of Alexandra Wood’s personal tailoring, is a firm commitment to helping every individual client look and feel their best, through beautifully crafted looks and premium-quality clothes. No matter your individual style preferences or requirements, Alexandra Wood is best-positioned to help you achieve your desired image and look.
To find out more about bespoke coats in the UK, go to the Alexandra Wood website today.
Looking at Alexandra Wood’s Coats
Here at Alexandra Wood, we can provide clients with bespoke coats in the UK, tailored to their distinct style requirements and fashion sense. This might be a unique, semi-bespoke Bomber or Harrington jacket, or alternatively, a handmade, fully bespoke leather jacket made from soft, natural lamb nappa. Quite simply, when you visit Alexandra Wood, you’re given complete control and will be able to choose from a wide range of bespoke coat options.
No matter the choice you make, you will be wearing a coat of the highest quality possible, that leaves you looking incredibly stylish. What’s more, the cut and design will be flawless. To explore the different coats on offer - from Chesterfields and Ulster coats to Raincoats and Carcoats, make an enquiry with Alexandra Wood today or book a personal appointment via our website.
Schedule an Appointment with Alexandra Wood today
If you are interested in Alexandra Wood’s bespoke coats in the UK, whether this is a leather jacket or sports jacket, then please feel free to get in touch with the Alexandra Wood team today. You can reach Alexandra Wood via the online form and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
In the meantime, head over to the Alexandra Wood website to discover all of our tailored options in more depth. Alexandra Wood is always here to assist you with your clothing search and bring your look to life.
Discover our overcoat range available from our online store